Chevrolet Aveo engine oil capacity in quarts – liters. From year: 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013.
How many quarts / liters of engine oil is needed for an oil change including replacement of oil filter for a Chevrolet Aveo.
If you want to do maintenance by yourself on your Chevrolet, if you want to change your engine oil and filters see and you don’t now how big it’s your engine volume or how much quarts / liters oil enter in your car engine below you can see what is your car engine oil capacity and what type of oil you must use.
Chevrolet Aveo 1.2 l, 53 kw or 72 hp, engine oil capacity in quarts / liters.
- Chevrolet Aveo 1.2 l it is a small / economy car.
- Car fuel: gasoline.
- Chevrolet Aveo engine code.
- Engine capacity: 1150 ccm (69,82 cubic inches).
- Chevrolet Aveo engine oil capacity: 3.2 quarts or liters.
- Chevrolet Aveo manual gearbox oil capacity.
- Chevrolet Aveo automatic gearbox oil capacity.
- Chevrolet Aveo recommended engine oil: Castrol Magnatec 10w/40 A3/B4.
How to check engine oil Chevrolet Aveo.
It is a good idea to check the engine oil every time you get fuel. In order to get an accurate reading, the oil must be warm and the vehicle must be on level ground. The engine oil dipstick handle is a yellow loop.
- Turn off the engine and give the oil several minutes to drain back into the oil pan. If you do not do this, the oil dipstick might not show the actual level.
- Pull the dipstick and clean it with a paper towel or cloth, then push it back in all the way. Remove it again, keeping the tip down and check the level.
When to add rngine oil on a Chevrolet Aveo.
If the oil is below the MIN (minimum) mark on the dipstick, add at least one quart/liter of the recommended oil. This section explains what kind of oil to use.
Do not add too much oil. If the engine hasb so much oil that the oil level gets above the upper mark that shows the proper operating range, the engine could be damaged.
Be sure to add enough oil to put the level somewhere in the proper operating range. Push the dipstick all the way back in when you are through.
What kind of engine oil to use on a Chevrolet Aveo.
- Look for three things:
- Your vehicle’s engine requires oil meeting GM Standard GM6094M. Look for and use only an oil that meets GM Standard GM6094M.
- SAE 5W-30.
- As shown in the viscosity chart, SAE 5W-30 is best for your vehicle.
These numbers on an oil container show its viscosity, or thickness. Do not use other viscosity oils such as SAE 20W-50.
Oils meeting these requirements should have the starburst symbol on the container. This symbol indicates that the oil has been certified by the American Petroleum Institute (API).
Look for this information on the oil container, and use only those oils that are identified as meeting GM Standard GM6094M and have the starburst symbol on the front of the oil container.
Use only engine oil identified as meeting GM Standard GM6094M and showing the American Petroleum Institute Certified For Gasoline Engines starburst symbol. Failure to use the recommended oil can result in engine damage not covered by your warranty.
If you are in an area of extreme cold, where the temperature falls below −20°F (−29°C), it is recommended that you use either an SAE 5W-30 synthetic oil or an SAE 0W-30 oil. Both provide easier cold starting and better protection for the engine at extremely low temperatures.
When to change engine oil on a Chevrolet Aveo.
If any one of these is true for you, use the short trip/city maintenance schedule:
- Most trips are less than 5 miles (8 km). This is particularly important when outside temperatures are below freezing.
- Most trips include extensive idling, such as frequent driving in stop-and-go traffic.
- You frequently use a carrier on top of your vehicle.
- The vehicle is used for delivery service, police, taxi, or other commercial application.
Driving under these conditions causes engine oil to break down sooner. If any one of these is true for your vehicle, you need to change the oil and filter every 3,000 miles (5 000 km) or 3 months, whichever occurs first.
If none of them is true, use the long trip/highway maintenance schedule. Change the oil and filter every 7,500 miles (12 500 km) or 12 months, whichever occurs first. Driving a vehicle with a fully warmed engine under highway conditions will cause engine oil to break down slower.
All information about engine oil capacity or gear box oil capacity is taken from Chevrolet Aveo owners manual.
Hear you can find the steps how can you reset Chevrolet service light after you change the engine oil.
Hear you can find the fuel consumption in liters or gallons for a Chevrolet.
7 thoughts on “Chevrolet Aveo engine oil capacity in quarts – liters”
This page does not match the 2011 cheavrolet aveo owners manual at all! It is misleading for individuals with at least that model year.
Tell us from what year it is your Chevy Aveo what is the size of your engine and how much hp or kw you have on it. And will answer you what is the engine oil capacity for your car.
2007 Chevy Aveo LS takes 4 quarts 1.6 liter engine.
Joey I have a 2007 I just changed the vaule gasket deal my oil light comes on only when it’s peeling, any advice.
Please be more explicit !?
Chevrolet Aveo LS 2007 which size oil engine need if temprecher above 45 C ?
Hello, what engine you have on your car, hp and diesel or petrol?