Honda CR-V 1 engine oil capacity in quarts – liters. From year: 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002.
How many quarts / liters of engine oil is needed for an oil change including replacement of oil filter for a Honda CR-V first generation.
If you want to do maintenance by yourself on your Honda, if you want to change your engine oil and filters see and you don’t now how big it’s your engine volume or how much quarts / liters oil enter in your car engine below you can see what is your car engine oil capacity and what type of oil you must use.
Honda CR-V I with engine 2.0 l, engine oil capacity in quarts / liters.
- Honda CR-V with engine 2.0 16V.
- Car fuel: gasoline.
- Honda CR-V engine code: B20B, B20Z1.
- Engine capacity: 1973 ccm (119,79 cubic inches).
- Honda CR-V engine oil capacity: 3.8 liters or 4.01 quarts US or 1 gallons US.
- Honda CR-V manual gearbox oil capacity: 1.7 l or 1.79 qt or 0.44 gal.
- Honda CR-V automatic gearbox oil capacity: 2.9 l or 3.06 qt or 0.76 gal.
- Honda CR-V recommended engine oil: 5w30.
- If you want to know exactly what engine oil is recommended for your car, please leave us a comment on this article: model and type of your car, engine capacity, diesel or gasoline, year when was made, and how much kw or hp has your car.
Recommended engine oil Honda CR-V 1: API Service SJ “Energy Conserving” oil, SAE 5W-30 viscosity. Oil change capacity including filter : 4.0 US qt (3.8 l, 3.3 Imp qt).
5-speed Manual Transmission Fluid: Honda Manual Transmission Fluid preferred, or an API service SG, SH or SJ, SAE 10W-30 or 10W-40 motor oil as a temporary replacement. Capacity including differential : 1.8 US qt (1.7 l, 1.5 lmp qt).
Adding oil on a Honda CR-V I.
To add oil, unscrew and remove the engine oil fill cap on top of the valve cover. Pour in the oil, and install the engine oil fill cap. Tighten it securely. Wait a few minutes and recheck the oil level. Do not fill above the upper mark; you could damage the engine.
Oil is a major contributor to your engine’s performance and longevity. Always use a premium-grade detergent oil. You can determine an oil’s SAE viscosity and Service Classification from the API Service label on the oil container. A fuel-efficient oil is recommended for your Honda. This is shown on the API Service label by the words “Energy Conserving.” This oil is formulated to help your engine use less fuel.
The API Service label also tells you the service classification of the oil. Always use an oil that is labeled “API Service SJ.” This service rating may include other lassifications, such as CD. These additional classifications are not a problem, as long as the label also carries the SJ classification.
All information about engine oil capacity or gear box oil capacity is taken from Honda CR-V MK1 owners manual.
Hear you can find the steps how can you reset Honda service light after you change the engine oil.
Hear you can find the fuel consumption in liters or gallons for a Honda.