Ford Explorer 1 engine oil capacity in quarts – liters. From year: 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000.
How many quarts / liters of engine oil is needed for an oil change including replacement of oil filter for a Ford Explorer 1.
If you want to do maintenance by yourself on your Ford, if you want to change your engine oil and filters see and you don’t now how big it’s your engine volume or how much quarts / liters oil enter in your car engine below you can see what is your car engine oil capacity and what type of oil you must use.
Ford Explorer I with engine 4.0 l, engine oil capacity in quarts / liters.
- Ford Explorer with engine 4.0 V6.
- Car fuel: gasoline.
- Ford Explorer engine code.
- Engine capacity: 3958 ccm (240,31 cubic inches).
- Ford Explorer engine oil capacity liters: 4.7 liters or 4.96 quarts including the oil filter.
- Ford Explorer manual gearbox oil capacity: 2.6 l or 2.74 qt.
- Ford Explorer automatic gearbox oil capacity: 9.0 – 13.1 l or 9.5 – 1.9 qt.
- Ford Explorer recommended engine oil: Motorcraft 5W30 Super Premium Motor Oil.
- If you want to know exactly what engine oil is recommended for your car, please leave us a comment on this article: model and type of your car, engine capacity, diesel or gasoline, year when was made, and how much kw or hp has your car.
Checking the engine oil on a Ford Explorer 1.
Check the engine oil each time you fuel your vehicle.
- Make sure the vehicle is on level ground.
- Turn the engine off and wait a few minutes for the oil to drain into the oil pan.
- Set the parking brake and ensure the gearshift is securely latched in P (Park) (automatic transmissions) or 1 (First) (manual transmissions).
- Open the hood. Protect yourself from engine heat.
- Locate and carefully remove the engine oil level indicator (dipstick).
- Wipe the indicator clean. Insert the indicator fully, then remove it again.
If the oil level is between the ADD and FULL marks (4.0L engines) or between the MIN and MAX marks (5.0L engines) the oil level is acceptable. DO NOT ADD OIL.
If the oil level is below the ADD mark (4.0L engines) or MIN mark (5.0L engines), add enough oil to raise the level within the ADD-FULL range (4.0L engines) or MIN-MAX range (5.0L engines).
Oil levels above the letter F in FULL (4.0L engines) or the MAX mark (5.0L engines) may cause engine damage. Some oil must be removed from the engine by a service technician.
Put the indicator back in and ensure it is fully seated.
Adding engine oil on a Ford Explorer I.
- Check the engine oil. For instructions, refer to Checking the engine oil in this chapter.
- If the fluid level is not within the normal range, add only certified engine oil of the preferred viscosity. Add engine oil through the oil filler cap. Remove the filler cap and use a funnel to pour oil in the opening.
- Recheck the oil level. Make sure the oil level is not above the MAX mark or the letter F in FULL on the dipstick.
Engine oil recommendations for Ford Explorer 1.
Ford oil specification is WSS-M2C153-G. Use SAE 5W-30 motor oil certified for gasoline engines by the American
Petroleum Institute. Do not use supplemental engine oil additives, oil treatments or engine treatments. They are unnecessary and could, under certain conditions, lead to engine damage which is not covered by your warranty.
Changing the engine oil and filter on a Ford Explorer I.
Change your engine oil and filter according to the following mileage and time requirements, whichever occurs first:
- Normal Schedule – 8,000 km (5,000 miles) or six months.
- Severe Duty Schedule – 5,000 km (3,000 miles) or three months. Severe duty operation would include extensive idling, trailer towing, driving in severe dust and police, taxi or delivery service.
Ford production and aftermarket (Motorcraft) oil filters are designed for added engine protection and long life. If a replacement oil filter is used that does not meet Ford material and design specifications, startup engine noises or knock may be experienced.
It is recommended you use the appropriate Motorcraft oil filter (or another brand meeting Ford specifications) for your engine application.
All information about engine oil capacity or gear box oil capacity is taken from Ford Explorer I owners manual.
Hear you can find the steps how can you reset Ford service light after you change the engine oil.
Hear you can find the fuel consumption in liters or gallons for a Ford.